Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dear Mary Shelly,
This week for my blog post I decided to do a book review on the book Frankenstein. My english class has been reading this book for the past 3 weeks.
My letter to Mary Shelly is as follows:

Dear Mary Shelly,
     I recently read your book Frankenstein and I would like to tell you about my experience.
 I loved your book more then you could imagine  for many reasons: I loved that your book was written fairly recently, all the 'reading-between-the -lines' that is in your book, the overall theme,  the journey that the characters go on, and the wisdom that the characters have.
      Last year I read Shakespear's Romeo and Juliet and it was THE HARDEST book I have ever read and your book was old english to some extent but it was understandably-challenging old english and it I could get the story but  it was challenging enough to the point where it was very fun read.
     Because your book was old english and written in that time period there was a lot of reading in between the lines. There was a lot of assuming and it left you to figure out some small parts. It made you use your imagination. Your book let the reader come up with their own idea of what should happen, and for that I really loved Frankenstein.
    The theme that your book Frankenstein had was pure genius. While your book did have a horror story feel to it the theme was amazing. The theme for Frankenstein was that actions have consequences and responsibility. I really loved that you had such and interesting story with such a real, relatable theme that everyone can relate to. Its like tricking a little boy into eating his vegetables by saying it tastes like candy and the little boy actually eats ALL the vegetables and likes it. 
       I love the journey that Victor and the monster goes on, and the symbolism behind it. I love the final frountier  The idea behind the journey, final frontier, and the north pole was stellar! 
    Lastly, I also love the how smart that the characters are and how much they  know about life. 
     The only suggestion I have is the lengthily tale of the monster, it was a bit long. Everything else was perfect!
   Mary I would like to thank you for sharing your genus with the world. I loved the theme, character wisdom, the way it was written,  the northward journey, and the reading between the lines that your book had! I enjoyed your book more then words could describe...
            Best of Wishes,
          Sincerely Gabrielle Kalea Pauole


No comments:

Post a Comment